Ben Duffus is one of Australia's best ultra trail runners and loves mountains. The steeper the better.
Ben has a slew of victories under his belt including wins at,
- Sky Rock n' Run Marathon (42km)
- Kawerau King of the Mountain (7.5km)
- Hounslow Classic (68km)
- River to Rooftop (1040 stairs)
- Coastal High 50 (50km)
- Pomona King of the Mountain (4.2km)
- Shotover Moonlight Mountain Marathon (42km)
- Surf Coast Century (100km)
In 2014, Ben also podiumed (3rd place + 1st Junior) in the Skyrunning World Championships (80km – Mont-Blanc), against the best in the world.
To top it all off, Ben is also currently studying for his PhD in Theoretical Physics at the University of Queensland.
Ben is an absolute speed demon and true inspiration.
Book mentioned in this episode:
How Bad Do You Want It – Matt Fitzgerald
Enjoy the interview.