Karl “Speedgoat” Meltzer is an elite ultramarathon runner, who has won more 100 mile races than any other human on Earth – currently at 38.
Karl recently ran the Fastest Known Time along the 3,500km Appalachian Trail in 45 days, 22 hours and 38 minutes.
Some of Karl's incredible achievements include:
- 2006 Ultrarunner of the Year
- All time winner, Hardrock 100 – 5 wins
- All time winner, Wasatch 100 – 6 wins
- All time winner, Massanutten 100 – 4 wins
- All-time winner, San Diego 100 – 3 wins
- All-time winner, Squaw Peak 50 – 5 wins
Karl is also the Race Director of the Speedgoat 50km, and has his own line of shoes – the Hoka One One Speedgoat.
In this episode Karl drops some knowledge on what it takes to become one of the greatest ultra-trail runners of all time.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Karl Meltzer (website)
- Photo Credit – Karl Meltzer
Enjoy the interview.