Leon McCarron is a Northern Irish adventurer, filmmaker, writer and motivational speaker. Leon specialises in long distance, human-powered expeditions.
Some of his past adventures include:
- Walking 3,000 miles across China and filming a TV show for National Geographic
- Carried the Olympic Flame along a section of the Northern Irish coast as part of the London 2012 relay
- Rode 14,000 miles from New York to Hong Kong
- Trekked 1,000 miles through the Empty Quarter desert in Oman and creating a feature length film called Into The Empty Quarter
- Followed the longest river in Iran from source to sea, and created a film called Karun
- Travelled across Argentina on horseback
In this interview, Leon talks about his recently completed 1,000 mile walk through the heart of the Middle East.
Links mentioned in the interview:
Enjoy the interview.