Thanks for being a guest on the Born to Kick Arse Podcast! I'm extremely excited to have you on the show.
I put together this FAQ to help answer some of the most common questions. If anything is unclear or you have any additional questions, please send me an email.
To lock in a time (and see my availability) for the interview, click on this “Book Now“ button.
The purpose of the Born to Kick Arse Podcast is to educate, inspire, and empower people by sharing the stories, insights and advice of those who are demonstrating success in life / business. As such, most interviews are conducted with world-class athletes, adventurers, authors and entrepreneurs.
I talk about the purpose of this podcast more in Episode 1.
My mission is to showcase people like you who lead by example. Hopefully these interviews will inspire people to take steps towards reaching their own goals – no matter how big or small.
The questions asked in the interviews are designed to shed light not just on the results of the guests, but more importantly, on the mindset and motivating factors behind those results.
Difficulty and Failure
- Take us back to a specific time when you failed and share with us:
- What was that failure?
- How did you overcome that failure?
- What were your lessons learned?
- Does doubt ever enter your mind? If so, how do you recognise when it has crept in?
- How do you deal with those really low points and those thoughts of wanting quit?
- How do you best manage your time?
- How do you go about prioritising your day?
- What motivates you to <TBA>?
- What inspires you and where do you draw your inspiration from?
- When you see your mind wandering, do you have any techniques to return to the present?
- What has <TBA> taught you about patience?
- What has <TBA> taught you about being mentally tough?
- How important is goal setting?
- What are the most important ingredients you believe are essential in goal setting?
- What is your proudest moment?
- How do you define success?
- Who is the first person that comes to mind when you hear the word successful and why?
- Success habits – what do you do to try to improve by 1% every day?
- Why do you <TBA>?
- Do you have a favourite success quote or mantra that you resonate with?
- If you could make a phone call to the 20 year old you and give that person a bit of advice, what would you tell them?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What advice do you have for the listener out there, who is also wanting to <TBA>?
- Do you have anything planned for the future that you are currently working towards?
- What do you want to be remembered for? What do you want your legacy to be?
- Where can people find out more about you – where can they find you online (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
- Before we go.. is there one parting piece of advice, that listeners can take away and implement in their own journey?
How long is the interview?
Please set aside 90 minutes:
- Pre-interview overview ~8 mins
- Main interview ~70 to 80 mins
- Post interview wrap-up ~2 mins
It is important that your story is communicated via the best audio possible.
To achieve this, it is recommended that you,
- Install the FREE Skype application (for desktop, mobile, tablet, etc).
- Add me on Skype – matthewtommasi
If this isn't possible I can call your landline or mobile phone to conduct the interview – however, if the audio quality is poor, there is no guarantee the interview will be published.
To help minimise background noises or possible interruptions, please ensure that you are in a private area at the time of the interview.
Please send me some photos that you would like to be published on the blog post / podcast – ideally before we commence the interview.
Is this a video call, or just audio?
Will the audio be edited?
Each episode goes through a lengthy editing process. If you start answering a question and don’t quite like your answer, let me know and we can do a re-do. Any mistakes or interruptions won’t appear in the final cut.
When will the episode air?
Usually 2-3 weeks after the interview, depending on backlog.
Sharing is Caring
Once your interview is published on iTunes and on borntokickarse.com, you will be sent a link to the interview. You are encouraged to share this link via social media and other means in order to help increase its exposure and inspire more people with your message.
By participating in the Born to Kick Arse Podcast, you agree to allow me, Matthew Tommasi, (borntokickarse.com) to record, distribute, and disseminate the produced media (ie. the interview) in any manner I feel appropriate.
You also agree to allow me to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, printed books, ebooks, online courses, magazines and all other public distribution.This includes using any photos, pictures or images you provide me for the interview.
You will not be compensated financially from any earnings made from the repurposing of this interview. You will not be compensated financially for doing this interview. You are volunteering your time.
As a guest on the Born to Kick Arse Podcast, you will receive an exclusive page on this website with your name, interview title, photograph, bio, and appropriate links to your website(s). Your interview page will remain on this website indefinitely, and may become a source of continued traffic to your website(s).
Your interview will be promoted to thousands of followers on social media and to my list of email subscribers. This exposure may or may not result in new clients or customers to your business.
These interview terms and conditions may be updated at at anytime, without consultation or notification.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in being a guest on the Born to Kick Arse Podcast, and hope that together we can inspire others to achieve greater levels of motivation and success not only in their mindset, health and business, but in life in general.
Thanks again and we'll talk soon!